The purpose of meeting #1 is to help you identify what is important in your life and whether or not getting a transplant would improve your life. You will learn why people get transplants and why donors donate. You will also receive a guide for family and friends to learn how they can help you.
Steps you should take:
- Watch the video above.
- Think about what is most important to you in your life right now (health, family, work, etc)?
- Review this brochure: Why kidney patients get transplants.
Are any of these reasons true for you? (Check all that apply.)
- To not have to live on dialysis
- To feel better and have more energy
- To eat my favorite foods
- To go back to work
- To watch my kids and grandkids grow up
- To do more of the things I like to do
- To live a long life
- Other: ________________
- Review the brochure: Why people donate their kidneys. Do any of these reasons have meaning for you? (Check all that apply.)
- To help me feel better
- To have me around longer
- To make a difference
- To help someone in need
- To have everyone’s lives return to normal
- To grow old together
- To fulfill a spiritual or religious calling
- Review the brochure: A guide for family and friends. Share this with your loved ones. Talk with them about how they can help.